Chickasaw County School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public elementary school managed by Chickasaw County School District serving 512 students in Houlka, Mississippi.
- Minority enrollment is 42% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Mississippi state average of 55%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Chickasaw County School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Houlka Houlka Attendance Center510 Griffin Ave.
Houlka, MS 38850
Grades: PK-12 | 512 students
|School District Name||Chickasaw County School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||512|
|# of Teachers||35|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15|
|# of Male Students||268|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||244|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||13|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||196|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||296|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||7|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||27|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||46|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||44|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||45|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||49|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||41|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||34|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||37|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||34|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||32|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||25|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||37|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||25|
|# of Ungraded Students:||6|
- Chickasaw County School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 146 school districts in Mississippi (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 60-79% has increased from 50-59% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MS)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,621 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,065. The school district revenue/student has declined by 10% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $7,793 is less than the state average of $10,094. The school district spending/student has declined by 10% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MS)|
|Total Revenue||$5 MM||$20 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$20 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,621||$10,065|
|Spending / Student||$7,793||$10,094|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.