Choctaw County School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by Choctaw County School District serving 1,408 students in Ackerman, Mississippi.
- Minority enrollment is 38% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Mississippi state average of 55%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Choctaw County School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Ackerman Ackerman Elementary School8475 Ms Hwy 15
Ackerman, MS 39735
Grades: PK-6 | 527 students
- Ackerman Choctaw Co Vocational Complex High School 501 East Church Street, 501 Ea
Ackerman, MS 39735
Grades: 7-12 | n/a students
- Ackerman Choctaw County High School393 East Main Street, 393 East
Ackerman, MS 39735
Grades: 7-12 | 533 students
- French Camp French Camp Elementary School300 Church Street, 300 Church
French Camp, MS 39745
Grades: PK-6 | 177 students
- Weir Weir Elementary School351 Marion Kelly Drive, 351 Ma
Weir, MS 39772
Grades: PK-6 | 171 students
|School District Name||Choctaw County School District|
|# of Schools||5|
|# of Students||1,408|
|# of Teachers||117|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12|
|# of Male Students||722|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||686|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||16|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||498|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||877|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||16|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||67|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||112|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||120|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||116|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||127|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||112|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||102|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||108|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||76|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||92|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||93|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||99|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||72|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||89|
|# of Ungraded Students:||23|
- Choctaw County School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 146 school districts in Mississippi (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-84% has increased from 70-74% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MS)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,713 is higher than the state average of $10,065. The school district revenue/student has declined by 6% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,877 is higher than the state average of $10,094. The school district spending/student has declined by 6% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MS)|
|Total Revenue||$16 MM||$20 MM|
|Spending||$17 MM||$20 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,713||$10,065|
|Spending / Student||$10,877||$10,094|
In some cases, it might be the school down the street. Other times, it could be the school across town. We’ll talk about the factors to consider when choosing the best high school for your child.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.