Choctaw County School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 public preschools managed by Choctaw County School District serving 875 students in Ackerman, Mississippi.
- Minority enrollment is 40% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Mississippi state average of 55%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Choctaw County School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Ackerman Ackerman Elementary School8475 Ms Hwy 15
Ackerman, MS 39735
Grades: PK-6 | 527 students
- French Camp French Camp Elementary School300 Church Street, 300 Church
French Camp, MS 39745
Grades: PK-6 | 177 students
- Weir Weir Elementary School351 Marion Kelly Drive, 351 Ma
Weir, MS 39772
Grades: PK-6 | 171 students
|School District Name||Choctaw County School District|
|# of Schools||5|
|# of Students||1,408|
|# of Teachers||117|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12|
|# of Male Students||722|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||686|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||16|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||498|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||877|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||16|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||67|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||112|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||120|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||116|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||127|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||112|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||102|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||108|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||76|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||92|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||93|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||99|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||72|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||89|
|# of Ungraded Students:||23|
- Choctaw County School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 146 school districts in Mississippi (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-84% has increased from 70-74% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MS)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,713 is higher than the state average of $10,065. The school district revenue/student has declined by 6% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,877 is higher than the state average of $10,094. The school district spending/student has declined by 6% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MS)|
|Total Revenue||$16 MM||$20 MM|
|Spending||$17 MM||$20 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,713||$10,065|
|Spending / Student||$10,877||$10,094|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.