Coffeeville School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Coffeeville School District serving 577 students in Coffeeville, Mississippi.
- Minority enrollment is 86% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Mississippi state average of 55%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Coffeeville School District (2018-19)
|School District Name||Coffeeville School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||577|
|# of Teachers||44|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13|
|# of Male Students||280|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||297|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||2|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||487|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||80|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||7|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||18|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||38|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||55|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||45|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||46|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||47|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||40|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||38|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||41|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||40|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||38|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||48|
|# of Ungraded Students:||6|
- Coffeeville School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 146 school districts in Mississippi (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-89% has increased from 70-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MS)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,136 is higher than the state average of $10,065. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,273 is higher than the state average of $10,094. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MS)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$20 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$20 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,136||$10,065|
|Spending / Student||$11,273||$10,094|
In some cases, it might be the school down the street. Other times, it could be the school across town. We’ll talk about the factors to consider when choosing the best high school for your child.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.