Montgomery County School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Montgomery County School District serving 273 students in Kilmichael, Mississippi.
- Minority enrollment is 87% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Mississippi state average of 55%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Montgomery County School District (2018-19)
|School District Name||Montgomery County School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||273|
|# of Teachers||24|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11|
|# of Male Students||136|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||137|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||5|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||227|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||35|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||16|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||19|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||28|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||21|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||17|
|# of Ungraded Students:||8|
- Montgomery County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 146 school districts in Mississippi (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 60-79% has decreased from 70-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MS)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $17,243 is higher than the state average of $10,065. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $17,511 is higher than the state average of $10,094. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MS)|
|Total Revenue||$5 MM||$20 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$20 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$17,243||$10,065|
|Spending / Student||$17,511||$10,094|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.