MS SCH FOR THE BLIND School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by MS SCH FOR THE BLIND School District serving 59 students in Jackson, Mississippi.
- Minority enrollment is 88% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Mississippi state average of 57%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 3:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
MS SCH FOR THE BLIND School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Jackson Middle School For The Blind High School1252 Eastover Drive
Jackson, MS 39211
Grades: 2-12 | 59 students
|School District Name||MS SCH FOR THE BLIND School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||59 students|
|# of Teachers||21 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
|# of Male Students||29 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||30 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||1 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||50 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||7 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||1|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||1|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||6|
|# of Ungraded Students:||18|
- MS SCH FOR THE BLIND School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 146 school districts in Mississippi (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has decreased from PS% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MS)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.