NORTH TIPPAH DIST School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by NORTH TIPPAH DIST School District serving 1,293 students in Walnut, Mississippi.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Mississippi state average of 57%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
NORTH TIPPAH DIST School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Walnut Chalybeate Elementary SchoolHighway 354 E
Walnut, MS 38683
Grades: K-8 | 257 students
- Falkner Falkner Elementary School20771 Highway 15 North
Falkner, MS 38629
Grades: K-6 | 267 students
- Falkner Falkner High School220771 Hwy. 15
Falkner, MS 38629
Grades: 7-12 | 267 students
- Walnut Walnut Attendance Center280 Commerce St.
Walnut, MS 38683
Grades: K-12 | 502 students
|School District Name||NORTH TIPPAH DIST School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,293 students|
|# of Teachers||96 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||647 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||646 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||26 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||109 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,119 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||37 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||100|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||107|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||83|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||101|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||101|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||93|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||100|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||118|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||97|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||92|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||107|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||100|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||76|
|# of Ungraded Students:||18|
- NORTH TIPPAH DIST School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 146 school districts in Mississippi (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MS)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $7,908 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,412. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $7,794 is less than the state average of $10,443. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MS)|
|Total Revenue||$11 MM||$20 MM|
|Spending||$10 MM||$20 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$7,908||$10,412|
|Spending / Student||$7,794||$10,443|
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.