Ewing Marion Kauffman School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Ewing Marion Kauffman School District serving 690 students in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Minority enrollment is 95% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Missouri state average of 28%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Ewing Marion Kauffman School District (2018-19)
|School District Name||Ewing Marion Kauffman School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||690|
|# of Teachers||64|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11|
|# of Male Students||321|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||369|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||13|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||37|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||580|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||36|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||21|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||215|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||189|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||155|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||80|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||51|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Ewing Marion Kauffman School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 552 school districts in Missouri (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MO)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $56,720 is higher than the state average of $9,726. The school district revenue/student has grown by 102% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $47,269 is higher than the state average of $9,907. The school district spending/student has grown by 102% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MO)|
|Total Revenue||$10 MM||$6 MM|
|Spending||$9 MM||$6 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$56,720||$9,726|
|Spending / Student||$47,269||$9,907|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.