Yellowstone Academy Elementary School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Yellowstone Academy Elementary School District serving 30 students in Billings, Montana.
- Minority enrollment is 23% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is more than the Montana state average of 21%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 2:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Yellowstone Academy Elementary School District (2018-19)
|School District Name||Yellowstone Academy Elementary School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||30|
|# of Teachers||18|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2|
|# of Male Students||21|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||9|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||1|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||2|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||23|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||1|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Yellowstone Academy Elementary School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 262 school districts in Montana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $69,587 is higher than the state average of $15,305. The school district revenue/student has declined by 28% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $74,826 is higher than the state average of $14,876. The school district spending/student has declined by 28% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MT)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$2 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$2 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$69,587||$15,305|
|Spending / Student||$74,826||$14,876|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.