Banner County School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Banner County School District serving 164 students in Harrisburg, Nebraska.
- Minority enrollment is 16% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Nebraska state average of 32%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Banner County School District (2018-19)
|School District Name||Banner County School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||164|
|# of Teachers||21|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8|
|# of Male Students||77|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||87|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||20|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||4|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||138|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||8|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||16|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||11|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Banner County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 246 school districts in Nebraska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NE)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $21,114 is higher than the state average of $16,894. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $20,664 is higher than the state average of $15,659. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NE)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$5 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$5 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$21,114||$16,894|
|Spending / Student||$20,664||$15,659|
While zero tolerance policies were designed to keep public school students safe, are they unfairly punishing innocent students? Learn more about the debate and whether or not zero tolerance policies are effective for public schools.
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.