Bennington School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public middle school managed by Bennington School District serving 757 students in Bennington, Nebraska.
- Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Nebraska state average of 33%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the state average of 14:1.
Bennington School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Bennington Bennington Secondary School16610 Bennington Road, Po Box
Bennington, NE 68007
Grades: 7-12 | 757 students
|School District Name||Bennington School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,101 students|
|# of Teachers||133 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||1,057 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,044 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||25 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||85 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||38 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,881 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||69 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||38|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||204|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||196|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||181|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||180|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||187|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||176|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||182|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||127|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||159|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||141|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||128|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||109|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||93|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Bennington School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 246 school districts in Nebraska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NE)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,853 in this school district is less than the state average of $23,351. The school district revenue/student has grown by 11% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,461 is less than the state average of $21,644. The school district spending/student has grown by 11% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NE)|
|Total Revenue||$14 MM||$5 MM|
|Spending||$13 MM||$5 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,853||$23,351|
|Spending / Student||$8,461||$21,644|
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.