Santee Community School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Santee Community School District serving 174 students in Niobrara, Nebraska.
- Minority enrollment is 98% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is more than the Nebraska state average of 32%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 6:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Santee Community School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||174|
|# of Teachers||27|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6|
|# of Male Students||93|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||81|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||145|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||25|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||3|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||26|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||6|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||16|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Santee Community School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 246 school districts in Nebraska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NE)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $26,515 is higher than the state average of $16,894. The school district revenue/student has grown by 10% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $27,497 is higher than the state average of $15,659. The school district spending/student has grown by 10% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NE)|
|Total Revenue||$5 MM||$5 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$5 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$26,515||$16,894|
|Spending / Student||$27,497||$15,659|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.