Newfound Area School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 6 public schools managed by Newfound Area School District serving 1,221 students in Bristol, New Hampshire.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Asian and Hispanic), which is less than the New Hampshire state average of 14%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the state average of 12:1.
Newfound Area School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Bristol Bridgewater-hebron Village School25 Schoolhouse Road
Bristol, NH 03222
Grades: PK-5 | 132 students
- Bristol Bristol Elementary School55 School St.
Bristol, NH 03222
Grades: K-5 | 225 students
- Danbury Danbury Elementary School20 Daffodil Ln.
Danbury, NH 03230
Grades: K-5 | 62 students
- New Hampton New Hampton Community School191 Main St.
New Hampton, NH 03256
Grades: K-5 | 118 students
- Bristol Newfound Memorial Middle School155 N. Main St.
Bristol, NH 03222
Grades: 6-8 | 297 students
|School District Name||Newfound Area School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,221 students|
|# of Teachers||103 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||612 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||609 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||6 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||14 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||13 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||11 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,149 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||28 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||25|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||88|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||81|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||85|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||69|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||91|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||98|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||97|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||108|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||92|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||111|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||92|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||90|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||89|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Newfound Area School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 182 school districts in New Hampshire (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 75-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $18,067 in this school district is less than the state average of $25,273. The school district revenue/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $17,156 is less than the state average of $25,145. The school district spending/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NH)|
|Total Revenue||$23 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$18,067||$25,273|
|Spending / Student||$17,156||$25,145|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.