Lower Township Elementary School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Lower Township Elementary School District serving 1,703 students in Cape May, New Jersey.
- Minority enrollment is 19% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the New Jersey state average of 55%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the state average of 12:1.
Lower Township Elementary School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Cape May Carl T. Mitnick School905 Seashore Road
Cape May, NJ 08204
Grades: 1-2 | 414 students
- Villas David C. Douglass Memorial School2600 Bayshore Rd
Villas, NJ 08251
Grades: PK-K | 390 students
- Cape May Maud Abrams School714 Townbank Rd
Cape May, NJ 08204
Grades: 3-4 | 461 students
- Cape May Sandman Consolidated School838 Seashore Rd
Cape May, NJ 08204
Grades: 5-6 | 438 students
|School District Name||Lower Township Elementary School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,703 students|
|# of Teachers||139 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||868 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||835 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||15 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||190 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||120 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,373 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||184|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||180|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||201|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||196|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||223|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||219|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||202|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||218|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||80|
- Lower Township Elementary School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 656 school districts in New Jersey (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NJ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,805 in this school district is less than the state average of $20,704. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $17,313 is less than the state average of $21,080. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NJ)|
|Total Revenue||$30 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$31 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,805||$20,704|
|Spending / Student||$17,313||$21,080|
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.