South Plainfield School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by South Plainfield School District serving 1,025 students in South Plainfield, New Jersey.
- Minority enrollment is 54% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the New Jersey state average of 55%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the state average of 12:1.
South Plainfield School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- South Plainfield South Plainfield High School200 Lake Street
South Plainfield, NJ 07080
Grades: 9-12 | 1025 students
|School District Name||South Plainfield School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,025 students|
|# of Teachers||89 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||518 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||507 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||141 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||242 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||168 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||467 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||5 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||233|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||253|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||270|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||260|
|# of Ungraded Students:||9|
- South Plainfield School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 656 school districts in New Jersey (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 92% has decreased from 94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NJ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,717 in this school district is less than the state average of $20,704. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $17,270 is less than the state average of $21,080. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NJ)|
|Total Revenue||$60 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$62 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,717||$20,704|
|Spending / Student||$17,270||$21,080|
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.