The Ethical Community Charter School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by The Ethical Community Charter School District serving 343 students in Jersey City, New Jersey.
- Minority enrollment is 74% of the student body (majority Asian and Hispanic), which is more than the New Jersey state average of 54%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 12:1.
The Ethical Community Charter School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Jersey City The Ethical Community Charter School 95 Broadway
Jersey City, NJ 07306
Grades: K-7 | 343 students
|School District Name||The Ethical Community Charter School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||343|
|# of Teachers||32|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11|
|# of Male Students||166|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||177|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||93|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||89|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||41|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||90|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||28|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||41|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||46|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||41|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||44|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||45|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||47|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||37|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- The Ethical Community Charter School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 656 school districts in New Jersey (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NJ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $6,571 in this school district is less than the state average of $20,569. The school district revenue/student has grown by 14% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $6,121 is less than the state average of $20,942. The school district spending/student has grown by 15% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NJ)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$6,571||$20,569|
|Spending / Student||$6,121||$20,942|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.