Waterford Township School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Waterford Township School District serving 812 students in Atco, New Jersey.
- Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the New Jersey state average of 55%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 12:1.
Waterford Township School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Atco Atco Elementary School2162 Cooper Road
Atco, NJ 08004
Grades: K-1 | 209 students
- Atco Thomas Richards Elementary School934 Lincoln Ave
Atco, NJ 08004
Grades: 2-3 | 252 students
- Waterford Works Waterford Elementary School1106 Old White Horse Pike
Waterford Works, NJ 08089
Grades: 4-6 | 351 students
|School District Name||Waterford Township School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||812 students|
|# of Teachers||75 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
|# of Male Students||431 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||381 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||67 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||22 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||677 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||39 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||42|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||89|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||113|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||104|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||96|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||109|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||108|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||109|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||42|
- Waterford Township School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 656 school districts in New Jersey (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NJ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $29,520 is higher than the state average of $20,704. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $31,751 is higher than the state average of $21,080. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NJ)|
|Total Revenue||$27 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$29 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$29,520||$20,704|
|Spending / Student||$31,751||$21,080|
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.