Roy Municipal School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Roy Municipal School District serving 46 students in Roy, New Mexico.
- Minority enrollment is 76% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is equal to the New Mexico state average of 76%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 5:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Roy Municipal School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||46|
|# of Teachers||10|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5|
|# of Male Students||30|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||16|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||35|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||11|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||4|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||4|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||1|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||1|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||1|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||2|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Roy Municipal School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 140 school districts in New Mexico (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of PS% has increased from 50% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NM)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $46,525 is higher than the state average of $13,738. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $43,775 is higher than the state average of $13,383. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NM)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$5 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$46,525||$13,738|
|Spending / Student||$43,775||$13,383|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.