BRONX CHARTER FOR EXCELLENCE School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by BRONX CHARTER FOR EXCELLENCE School District serving 801 students in Bronx, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is more than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 27:1 is more than the state average of 14:1.
BRONX CHARTER FOR EXCELLENCE School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Bronx Bronx Charter School For Excellence 1960 Benedict Ave
Bronx, NY 10462
Grades: K-8 | 801 students
|School District Name||BRONX CHARTER FOR EXCELLENCE School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||801 students|
|# of Teachers||30 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1|
|# of Male Students||387 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||414 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||182 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||278 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||326 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||5 students|
|% White Students||n/a|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||7 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||89|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||90|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||90|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||90|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||84|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||91|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- BRONX CHARTER FOR EXCELLENCE School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 901 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-2015 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.