BRONX CHARTER FOR THE ARTS School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by BRONX CHARTER FOR THE ARTS School District serving 320 students in Bronx, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
BRONX CHARTER FOR THE ARTS School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Bronx Bronx Charter School For The Arts 950 Longfellow Ave
Bronx, NY 10474
Grades: K-6 | 320 students
|School District Name||BRONX CHARTER FOR THE ARTS School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||320 students|
|# of Teachers||29 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
|# of Male Students||152 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||168 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||236 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||74 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||3 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||52|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||54|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||55|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||52|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||54|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||51|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- BRONX CHARTER FOR THE ARTS School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 904 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2013-2014 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.