BRONX COMMUNITY CHARTER School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by BRONX COMMUNITY CHARTER School District serving 464 students in Bronx, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 96% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
BRONX COMMUNITY CHARTER School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Bronx Bronx Community Charter School 3170 Webster Ave
Bronx, NY 10467
Grades: K-7 | 464 students
|School District Name||BRONX COMMUNITY CHARTER School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||464 students|
|# of Teachers||46 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
|# of Male Students||227 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||237 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||13 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||312 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||112 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||17 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||4 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||6 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||52|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||53|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||78|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||78|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||51|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||52|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||49|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||50|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||1|
- BRONX COMMUNITY CHARTER School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 901 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-2015 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
Learn how some states and schools are now requiring that students complete a graduation project, often either to replace or supplement an exit exam.
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?