CHARLOTTE VALLEY CENTRAL School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by CHARLOTTE VALLEY CENTRAL School District serving 404 students in Davenport, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
CHARLOTTE VALLEY CENTRAL School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Davenport Charlotte Valley School15611 State Hwy 23
Davenport, NY 13750
Grades: PK-12 | 404 students
|School District Name||CHARLOTTE VALLEY CENTRAL School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||404 students|
|# of Teachers||34 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||199 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||205 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||15 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||4 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||377 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||7 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||20|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||26|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||22|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||34|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||40|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||36|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||36|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||28|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||29|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||19|
|# of Ungraded Students:||8|
- CHARLOTTE VALLEY CENTRAL School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 771 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has decreased from 90% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $22,304 in this school district is less than the state average of $31,520. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $32,084 is less than the state average of $32,967. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NY)|
|Total Revenue||$9 MM||$29 MM|
|Spending||$13 MM||$30 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$22,304||$31,520|
|Spending / Student||$32,084||$32,967|
With many tragic cases of cyberbullying reported to date, a recent study shows the problem is actually increasing among high school students across the country.
Public school cafeterias are growing their salad bars, much to the delight of students' healthy bodies. Learn more about this trend in school lunches.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?