DEMOCRACY PREP HARLEM CHARTER School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by DEMOCRACY PREP HARLEM CHARTER School District serving 896 students in New York, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
DEMOCRACY PREP HARLEM CHARTER School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- New York Democracy Prep Harlem Charter School 207 W 133rd St
New York, NY 10030
Grades: K-12 | 896 students
|School District Name||DEMOCRACY PREP HARLEM CHARTER School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||896 students|
|# of Teachers||82 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
|# of Male Students||419 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||477 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||9 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||5 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||299 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||569 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||6 students|
|% White Students||n/a|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||6 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||51|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||69|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||78|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||97|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||90|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||107|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||109|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||109|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||81|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||69|
|# of Ungraded Students:||1|
- DEMOCRACY PREP HARLEM CHARTER School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 904 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2013-2014 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of PS% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
Learn how some states and schools are now requiring that students complete a graduation project, often either to replace or supplement an exit exam.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.