EDGEMONT UNION FREE School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by EDGEMONT UNION FREE School District serving 1,965 students in Scarsdale, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 48% of the student body (majority Asian), which is less than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
EDGEMONT UNION FREE School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Scarsdale Edgemont Junior-senior High School200 White Oak Ln
Scarsdale, NY 10583
Grades: 7-12 | 932 students
- Scarsdale Greenville School100 Glendale Rd
Scarsdale, NY 10583
Grades: K-6 | 498 students
- Scarsdale Seely Place School51 Seely Pl
Scarsdale, NY 10583
Grades: K-6 | 535 students
|School District Name||EDGEMONT UNION FREE School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,965 students|
|# of Teachers||150 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||967 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||998 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||650 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||140 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||30 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,020 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||123 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||136|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||131|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||144|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||152|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||163|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||153|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||145|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||173|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||165|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||151|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||146|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||155|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||142|
|# of Ungraded Students:||9|
- EDGEMONT UNION FREE School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 771 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $25,314 in this school district is less than the state average of $31,520. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $25,058 is less than the state average of $32,967. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NY)|
|Total Revenue||$48 MM||$29 MM|
|Spending||$48 MM||$30 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$25,314||$31,520|
|Spending / Student||$25,058||$32,967|
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.