Fire Island Union Free School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Fire Island Union Free School District serving 38 students in Ocean Beach, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 39% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 5:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Fire Island Union Free School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Ocean Beach Woodhull School99 Maple Ave Dock
Ocean Beach, NY 11770
Grades: PK-6 | 38 students
|School District Name||Fire Island Union Free School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||38|
|# of Teachers||8|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5|
|# of Male Students||20|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||18|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||11|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||23|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||5|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||2|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Fire Island Union Free School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 771 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $146,086 is higher than the state average of $31,939. The school district revenue/student has grown by 5% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $151,657 is higher than the state average of $33,406. The school district spending/student has grown by 5% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NY)|
|Total Revenue||$5 MM||$29 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$30 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$146,086||$31,939|
|Spending / Student||$151,657||$33,406|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.