HARBOR SCIENCE AND ARTS CHARTER School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by HARBOR SCIENCE AND ARTS CHARTER School District serving 260 students in New York, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is more than the state average of 14:1.
HARBOR SCIENCE AND ARTS CHARTER School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- New York Harbor Science And Arts Charter School 132-142 E 111th St
New York, NY 10029
Grades: K-8 | 260 students
|School District Name||HARBOR SCIENCE AND ARTS CHARTER School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||260 students|
|# of Teachers||17 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||122 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||138 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||5 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||103 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||141 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||3 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||23|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||28|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||29|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||37|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- HARBOR SCIENCE AND ARTS CHARTER School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 901 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-2015 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.