MERRICK ACADEMY-QUEENS PUBLIC CHARTER School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by MERRICK ACADEMY-QUEENS PUBLIC CHARTER School District serving 554 students in Springfield Gardens, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is equal to the state average of 14:1.
MERRICK ACADEMY-QUEENS PUBLIC CHARTER School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Springfield Gardens Merrick Academy-queens Public Charter School 136-25 218th St
Springfield Gardens, NY 11413
Grades: K-5 | 554 students
|School District Name||MERRICK ACADEMY-QUEENS PUBLIC CHARTER School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||554 students|
|# of Teachers||39 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||272 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||282 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||17 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||25 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||500 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1 students|
|% White Students||n/a|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||6 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||79|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||112|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||83|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||83|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||112|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||84|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||1|
- MERRICK ACADEMY-QUEENS PUBLIC CHARTER School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 904 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2013-2014 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.