MINEOLA UNION FREE School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by MINEOLA UNION FREE School District serving 2,848 students in Mineola, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 44% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
MINEOLA UNION FREE School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Mineola Hampton Street School10 Hampton St
Mineola, NY 11501
Grades: PK-2 | 356 students
- Mineola Jackson Avenue School300 Jackson Ave
Mineola, NY 11501
Grades: 3-4 | 444 students
- Albertson Meadow Drive School25 Meadow Dr
Albertson, NY 11507
Grades: PK-2 | 362 students
- New Hyde Park Mineola High School10 Armstrong Rd
New Hyde Park, NY 11040
Grades: 8-12 | 1026 students
- Mineola Mineola Middle School200 Emory Rd
Mineola, NY 11501
Grades: 5-7 | 660 students
|School District Name||MINEOLA UNION FREE School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,848 students|
|# of Teachers||223 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||1,472 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,376 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||332 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||780 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||75 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,608 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||50 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||97|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||210|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||202|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||209|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||198|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||237|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||230|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||197|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||225|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||208|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||209|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||187|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||208|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||201|
|# of Ungraded Students:||30|
- MINEOLA UNION FREE School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 771 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $29,812 in this school district is less than the state average of $31,520. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $28,677 is less than the state average of $32,967. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NY)|
|Total Revenue||$82 MM||$29 MM|
|Spending||$79 MM||$30 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$29,812||$31,520|
|Spending / Student||$28,677||$32,967|
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.