PENN YAN CENTRAL School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by PENN YAN CENTRAL School District serving 1,454 students in Penn Yan, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
PENN YAN CENTRAL School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Penn Yan Penn Yan Academy305 Court St
Penn Yan, NY 14527
Grades: 9-12 | 499 students
- Penn Yan Penn Yan Elementary School3 School Dr
Penn Yan, NY 14527
Grades: PK-5 | 641 students
- Penn Yan Penn Yan Middle School515 Liberty St
Penn Yan, NY 14527
Grades: 6-8 | 314 students
|School District Name||PENN YAN CENTRAL School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,454 students|
|# of Teachers||143 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
|# of Male Students||719 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||735 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||13 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||59 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||4 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||1,346 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||30 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||31|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||115|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||94|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||121|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||94|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||96|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||90|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||111|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||113|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||113|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||130|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||114|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||133|
|# of Ungraded Students:||10|
- PENN YAN CENTRAL School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 771 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has increased from 80-84% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $21,569 in this school district is less than the state average of $31,520. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $27,986 is less than the state average of $32,967. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NY)|
|Total Revenue||$34 MM||$29 MM|
|Spending||$44 MM||$30 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$21,569||$31,520|
|Spending / Student||$27,986||$32,967|
Learn how you and your child can get on a teacher’s “good side” with these five strategies.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.