South Orangetown Central School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by South Orangetown Central School District serving 3,015 students in Blauvelt, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
South Orangetown Central School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Blauvelt Cottage Lane Elementary School120 Cottage Ln
Blauvelt, NY 10913
Grades: 3-5 | 635 students
- Blauvelt South Orangetown Middle School160 Van Wyck Rd
Blauvelt, NY 10913
Grades: 6-8 | 743 students
- Orangeburg Tappan Zee High School15 Dutch Hill Rd
Orangeburg, NY 10962
Grades: 9-12 | 1072 students
- Tappan William O Schaefer Elementary School140 Lester Dr
Tappan, NY 10983
Grades: K-2 | 565 students
|School District Name||South Orangetown Central School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||3,015 students|
|# of Teachers||230 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||1,460 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,555 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||236 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||438 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||60 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,192 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||7 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||80 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||180|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||204|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||181|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||202|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||222|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||211|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||240|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||255|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||248|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||264|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||255|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||282|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||260|
|# of Ungraded Students:||11|
- South Orangetown Central School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 771 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 92% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $24,473 in this school district is less than the state average of $31,520. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $24,260 is less than the state average of $32,967. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NY)|
|Total Revenue||$82 MM||$29 MM|
|Spending||$81 MM||$30 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$24,473||$31,520|
|Spending / Student||$24,260||$32,967|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.