Success Academy Charter -upper West School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Success Academy Charter -upper West School District serving 652 students in New York, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 67% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is equal to the state average of 14:1.
Success Academy Charter -upper West School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- New York Success Academy Charter School-upper West 145 W 84th St-2nd Fl
New York, NY 10024
Grades: K-6 | 652 students
|School District Name||Success Academy Charter -upper West School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||652 students|
|# of Teachers||46 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||309 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||343 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||57 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||222 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||130 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||218 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||22 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||90|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||101|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||113|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||92|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||113|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||53|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||1|
- Success Academy Charter -upper West School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 901 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-2015 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.