Westport Central School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public elementary school managed by Westport Central School District serving 219 students in Westport, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 4% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Westport Central School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Westport Westport Central School25 Sisco St
Westport, NY 12993
Grades: K-12 | 219 students
|School District Name||Westport Central School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||219 students|
|# of Teachers||25 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
|# of Male Students||106 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||113 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||n/a|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||211 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||8 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||13|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||25|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||18|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Westport Central School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 771 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $25,505 in this school district is less than the state average of $31,520. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $24,579 is less than the state average of $32,967. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NY)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$29 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$30 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$25,505||$31,520|
|Spending / Student||$24,579||$32,967|
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.