Brevard Academy School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Brevard Academy School District serving 294 students in Brevard, North Carolina.
- Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the North Carolina state average of 50%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Brevard Academy School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Brevard Brevard Academy 299 Andante Lane
Brevard, NC 28712
Grades: K-8 | 294 students
|School District Name||Brevard Academy School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||294|
|# of Teachers||24|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12|
|# of Male Students||142|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||152|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||9|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||8|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||262|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||7|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||4|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||37|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||38|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||39|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||41|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||31|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||32|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||24|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Brevard Academy School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 272 school districts in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $5,781 in this school district is less than the state average of $8,969. The school district revenue/student has grown by 12% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $5,512 is less than the state average of $8,766. The school district spending/student has grown by 12% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NC)|
|Total Revenue||$1 MM||$8 MM|
|Spending||$1 MM||$8 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$5,781||$8,969|
|Spending / Student||$5,512||$8,766|
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.