Charlotte Learning Academy School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Charlotte Learning Academy School District serving 260 students in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the North Carolina state average of 51%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Charlotte Learning Academy School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Charlotte Charlotte Learning Academy 701 Scaleybark Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28209
Grades: 6-12 | 260 students
|School District Name||Charlotte Learning Academy School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||260 students|
|# of Teachers||21 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||123 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||137 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||20 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||223 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2 students|
|% White Students||n/a|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||11 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||31|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||47|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||48|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||39|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||34|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||34|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Charlotte Learning Academy School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 272 school districts in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
Learn how some states and schools are now requiring that students complete a graduation project, often either to replace or supplement an exit exam.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.