Corvian Community School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Corvian Community School District serving 611 students in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Minority enrollment is 22% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the North Carolina state average of 50%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is equal to the state average of 16:1.
Corvian Community School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Charlotte Corvian Community School 9501 David Taylor Dr
Charlotte, NC 28262
Grades: K-6 | 611 students
|School District Name||Corvian Community School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||611|
|# of Teachers||38|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16|
|# of Male Students||343|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||268|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||28|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||30|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||53|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||477|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||21|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||86|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||86|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||82|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||84|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||95|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Corvian Community School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 272 school districts in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $40,875 is higher than the state average of $8,969. The school district revenue/student has grown by 398% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $34,227 is higher than the state average of $8,766. The school district spending/student has grown by 398% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NC)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$8 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$8 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$40,875||$8,969|
|Spending / Student||$34,227||$8,766|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.