Grandfather Academy School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school in Grandfather Academy School District, serving 22 students.
- Public school in Grandfather Academy School District have an average math proficiency score of 50% (versus the North Carolina public school average of 47%), and reading proficiency score of 50% (versus the 46% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 50% of public schools in North Carolina.
- Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the North Carolina public school average of 52% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 4:1 is less than the North Carolina public school average of 16:1.
|School District Name||Grandfather Academy School District|
|School District Website||http://64 Grandfather Home Dr|
|School District Phone Number||(828)897-4500|
|School District Grades Offered||01 - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NC)|
|# of Schools||1 School||2,691 Schools|
|# of Students||22 Students||1,553,334 Students|
|# of Teachers||5 Teachers||99,422 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1||16:1|
- Grandfather Academy School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 282 school districts in North Carolina (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Graduation Rate |
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||20,234 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||51,717 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||2 Students||271,377 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 Student||393,741 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||16 Students||749,630 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||2,149 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3 Students||66,132 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||18,734|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||115,168|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||115,683|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||117,119|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||121,308|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||122,953|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||123,129|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||120,029|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||1||117,179|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||5||110,307|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||8||130,053|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||3||120,963|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||4||114,911|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||1||105,294|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||504|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $25,118 is higher than the state average of $9,334. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $25,235 is higher than the state average of $9,122. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NC)|
|Total Revenue||$854,000||$8 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$25,118||$9,334|
|Spending / Student||$25,235||$9,122|
Grandfather Academy School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Grandfather Academy 64 Grandfather Home Drive
Banner Elk, NC 28604
Grades: 1-12 | 22 students
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.