Grandfather Academy School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Grandfather Academy School District serving 21 students in Banner Elk, North Carolina.
- Minority enrollment is 29% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the North Carolina state average of 50%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 5:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Grandfather Academy School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Banner Elk Grandfather Academy 158 Grandfather Home Drive
Banner Elk, NC 28604
Grades: 1-12 | 21 students
|School District Name||Grandfather Academy School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||21|
|# of Teachers||4|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5|
|# of Male Students||6|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||15|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||n/a|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||5|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||15|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Grandfather Academy School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 272 school districts in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Graduation Rate |
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $25,118 is higher than the state average of $8,969. The school district revenue/student has declined by 41% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $25,235 is higher than the state average of $8,766. The school district spending/student has declined by 41% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NC)|
|Total Revenue||$854,000||$8 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$25,118||$8,969|
|Spending / Student||$25,235||$8,766|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.