Sallie B Howard School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Sallie B Howard School District serving 900 students in Wilson, North Carolina.
- Minority enrollment is 98% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the North Carolina state average of 51%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is more than the state average of 16:1.
|School District Name||Sallie B Howard School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||900 students|
|# of Teachers||47 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
|# of Male Students||399 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||501 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||4 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||333 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||531 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||15 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||16 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||109|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||107|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||118|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||119|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||107|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||103|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||91|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||70|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||76|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Sallie B Howard School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 272 school districts in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,561 in this school district is less than the state average of $9,693. The school district revenue/student has declined by 9% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,118 is less than the state average of $9,473. The school district spending/student has declined by 9% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NC)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$8 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$8 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,561||$9,693|
|Spending / Student||$8,118||$9,473|
Learn how some states and schools are now requiring that students complete a graduation project, often either to replace or supplement an exit exam.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.