Williams County 8 School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 public preschools in Williams County 8 School District, serving 371 students.
- Public preschool in Williams County 8 School District have an average math proficiency score of 26% (versus the North Dakota public pre school average of 40%), and reading proficiency score of 34% (versus the 47% statewide average). This district's average pre school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public pre schools in North Dakota.
- Minority enrollment is 19% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the North Dakota public preschool average of 20% (majority American Indian and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is more than the North Dakota public preschool average of 12:1.
|School District Name||Williams County 8 School District|
|School District Website||http://www.district8nd.com|
|School District Phone Number||(701)572-6359|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 08|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ND)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||176 Schools|
|# of Students||371 Students||33,342 Students|
|# of Teachers||18 Teachers||2,719 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||12:1|
- Williams County 8 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 141 school districts in North Dakota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (ND)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||10 Students||2,661 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||338 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||35 Students||1,736 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||11 Students||1,032 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||302 Students||26,707 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 Students||118 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||10 Students||750 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||18||2,775|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||66||5,425|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||67||4,377|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||69||4,349|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||51||4,406|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||58||4,203|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||42||4,009|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||2,410|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||727|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||661|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,913 is higher than the state average of $11,376. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,924 is higher than the state average of $11,271. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ND)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$3 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,913||$11,376|
|Spending / Student||$13,924||$11,271|
Williams County 8 School District Public Preschools (2020)
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.