Northern Bedford Co Ms/shs
- Northern Bedford Co Ms/shs's student population of 491 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 43 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||491 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Northern Bedford Co Ms/shs's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1196 out of 2,835 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Northern Bedford County SD School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saxton Saxton-liberty Gr School Grades: PK-6 | 264 students
1110 Mifflin St
Saxton, PA 16678
(814)635-2934 7.3 PK-6 264
- Defiance Defiance Gr School Grades: PK-6 | 120 students
124 Hitchens Rd
Defiance, PA 16633
(814)928-4611 8.1 PK-6 120
- Saxton Tussey Mountain High School Grades: 9-12 | 298 students
199 Front Street
Saxton, PA 16678
(814)635-2975 8.2 9-12 298
- Claysburg Claysburg-kimmel High School Grades: 7-12 | 406 students
531 Bedford St
Claysburg, PA 16625
(814)239-5141 8.6 7-12 406
- Martinsburg Central High School Grades: 9-12 | 557 students
718 Central High Road
Martinsburg, PA 16662
(814)793-2111 9.1 9-12 557
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.