Academy for Urban Scholars Youngstown School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Academy for Urban Scholars Youngstown School District serving 163 students in Youngstown, Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 97% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Ohio state average of 29%.
Academy for Urban Scholars Youngstown School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Youngstown Academy For Urban Scholars Youngstown 1350 5th Ave Ste 100 106
Youngstown, OH 44504
Grades: 9-12 | 163 students
|School District Name||Academy for Urban Scholars Youngstown School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||163 students|
|# of Teachers||3 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||54:1|
|# of Male Students||60 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||103 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||9 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||142 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||5 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||7 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||37|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||38|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||55|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Academy for Urban Scholars Youngstown School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 879 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-2015 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 30-39% has increased from 11-19% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $4,706 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,447. The school district revenue/student has declined by 45% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $4,681 is less than the state average of $11,715. The school district spending/student has declined by 45% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$767,000||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$4,706||$12,447|
|Spending / Student||$4,681||$11,715|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.