Academy Of Arts And Sciences School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Academy Of Arts And Sciences School District serving 171 students in Lorain, Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 84% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Ohio state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is less than the state average of 18:1.
Academy Of Arts And Sciences School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Lorain Academy Of Arts And Sciences 3038 Leavitt Rd
Lorain, OH 44052
Grades: K-1 | 171 students
|School District Name||Academy Of Arts And Sciences School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||171|
|# of Teachers||10|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17|
|# of Male Students||68|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||103|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||65|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||53|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||28|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||23|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||100|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||71|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Academy Of Arts And Sciences School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 865 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2012-2013 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $5,093 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,304. The school district revenue/student has grown by 11% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $5,047 is less than the state average of $11,580. The school district spending/student has grown by 11% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$1 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$1 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$5,093||$12,304|
|Spending / Student||$5,047||$11,580|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.