Top Ohio Alternative Public Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 top alternative public school in Ohio, serving 1,857 students.
- Alternative schools aim to help students whose needs may not be successfully met in regular schools.
- Students who attend alternative schools and may be at risk of educational failure (as indicated by poor grades, truancy, disruptive behavior, pregnancy, or similar factors associated with temporary or permanent withdrawal from school).
- Minority enrollment is 22% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Ohio state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 30:1 is more than the state average of 18:1.
Top Ohio Alternative Public Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Marion Treca Digital Academy 107 N Main St
Marion, OH 43302
Grades: K-12 | 1857 students
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.