Buckeye Local School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Buckeye Local School District serving 687 students in Medina, Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the Ohio state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is more than the state average of 18:1.
Buckeye Local School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Medina Buckeye High School3084 Columbia Rd
Medina, OH 44256
Grades: 9-12 | 687 students
|School District Name||Buckeye Local School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||687 students|
|# of Teachers||32 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
|# of Male Students||336 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||351 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||9 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||5 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||655 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||14 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||222|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||190|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||145|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||130|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Buckeye Local School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 842 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,350 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,447. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,398 is less than the state average of $11,715. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$23 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$25 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,350||$12,447|
|Spending / Student||$11,398||$11,715|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.