Harrisburg Pike Community School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Harrisburg Pike Community School District serving 333 students in Columbus, Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 64% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Ohio state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is more than the state average of 18:1.
Harrisburg Pike Community School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Columbus Harrisburg Pike Community School 680 Harrisburg Pike
Columbus, OH 43223
Grades: K-6 | 333 students
|School District Name||Harrisburg Pike Community School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||333|
|# of Teachers||15|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22|
|# of Male Students||122|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||211|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||4|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||29|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||120|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||120|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||58|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||63|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||53|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||46|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||65|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||53|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Harrisburg Pike Community School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 842 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,456 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,304. The school district revenue/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,460 is less than the state average of $11,580. The school district spending/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,456||$12,304|
|Spending / Student||$9,460||$11,580|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.