Lorain Preparatory Academy School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Lorain Preparatory Academy School District serving 315 students in Lorain, Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 76% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Ohio state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is more than the state average of 18:1.
Lorain Preparatory Academy School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Lorain Lorain Preparatory Academy 4125 Leavitt Rd Bldg 2
Lorain, OH 44053
Grades: 2-8 | 315 students
|School District Name||Lorain Preparatory Academy School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||315|
|# of Teachers||17|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19|
|# of Male Students||143|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||172|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||102|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||94|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||77|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||42|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||67|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||84|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||59|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Lorain Preparatory Academy School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 842 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,815 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,304. The school district revenue/student has grown by 34% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,069 is higher than the state average of $11,580. The school district spending/student has grown by 34% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,815||$12,304|
|Spending / Student||$12,069||$11,580|
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.