Middlebury Academy School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Middlebury Academy School District serving 208 students in Akron, Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 93% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Ohio state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is more than the state average of 18:1.
Middlebury Academy School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Akron Middlebury Academy 88 Kent St
Akron, OH 44305
Grades: K-8 | 208 students
|School District Name||Middlebury Academy School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||208 students|
|# of Teachers||10 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
|# of Male Students||95 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||113 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||4 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||174 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||15 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||15 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||23|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||25|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||22|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||21|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||28|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||21|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||25|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||25|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Middlebury Academy School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 842 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,361 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,447. The school district revenue/student has declined by 23% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,297 is less than the state average of $11,715. The school district spending/student has declined by 23% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,361||$12,447|
|Spending / Student||$9,297||$11,715|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.