Summit Academy Community -Columbus School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Summit Academy Community -Columbus School District serving 45 students in Columbus, Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 76% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Ohio state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 18:1.
Summit Academy Community -Columbus School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Columbus Summit Academy Community School-columbus 2521 Fairwood Ave Ste 100
Columbus, OH 43207
Grades: K-5 | 45 students
|School District Name||Summit Academy Community -Columbus School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||45 students|
|# of Teachers||4 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
|# of Male Students||22 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||23 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||n/a|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||28 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||11 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||6 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||7|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Summit Academy Community -Columbus School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 842 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,228 is higher than the state average of $12,447. The school district revenue/student has grown by 19% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,228 is higher than the state average of $11,715. The school district spending/student has grown by 19% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$811,000||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,228||$12,447|
|Spending / Student||$14,228||$11,715|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.