Deborah Brown (charter) School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Deborah Brown (charter) School District serving 255 students in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Oklahoma state average of 51%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 26:1 is more than the state average of 17:1.
Deborah Brown (charter) School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Tulsa Deborah Brown Community School 2 South Elgin Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74120
Grades: PK-3 | 255 students
|School District Name||Deborah Brown (charter) School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||255 students|
|# of Teachers||10 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1|
|# of Male Students||134 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||121 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||2 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||243 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||n/a|
|% White Students||n/a|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||5 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||74|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||55|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||55|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||49|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||22|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Deborah Brown (charter) School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 531 school districts in Oklahoma (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-79%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $4,125 in this school district is less than the state average of $8,236. The school district revenue/student has declined by 7% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $5,018 is less than the state average of $8,831. The school district spending/student has declined by 7% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OK)|
|Total Revenue||$1 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$1 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$4,125||$8,236|
|Spending / Student||$5,018||$8,831|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.