Deer Creek School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 7 public schools managed by Deer Creek School District serving 5,002 students in Edmond, Oklahoma.
- Minority enrollment is 29% of the student body (majority American Indian and Hispanic), which is less than the Oklahoma state average of 51%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is more than the state average of 17:1.
Deer Creek School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Edmond Deer Creek Elementary School4704 North West 164th Street
Edmond, OK 73013
Grades: PK-4 | 409 students
- Edmond Deer Creek High School6101 Northwest 206th Street
Edmond, OK 73012
Grades: 9-12 | 1528 students
- Edmond Deer Creek Middle School2601 Nw 234th St
Edmond, OK 73012
Grades: 7-8 | 861 students
- Edmond Grove Valley Elementary School3500 Northwest 192nd Street
Edmond, OK 73012
Grades: PK-4 | 544 students
- Edmond Rose Union Elementary School5100 Northwest 220th Street
Edmond, OK 73025
Grades: PK-4 | 596 students
- Oklahoma City Spring Creek Elementary School15400 North Rockwell
Oklahoma City, OK 73103
Grades: PK-4 | 515 students
|School District Name||Deer Creek School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||5,002 students|
|# of Teachers||270 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
|# of Male Students||2,550 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||2,452 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||388 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||329 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||351 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||311 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||3,560 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||19 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||44 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||292|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||452|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||487|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||451|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||445|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||486|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||421|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||436|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||452|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||385|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||359|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||330|
|# of Ungraded Students:||6|
- Deer Creek School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 531 school districts in Oklahoma (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 96% has decreased from 98% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $6,516 in this school district is less than the state average of $8,236. The school district revenue/student has grown by 8% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $6,368 is less than the state average of $8,831. The school district spending/student has grown by 8% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OK)|
|Total Revenue||$30 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$30 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$6,516||$8,236|
|Spending / Student||$6,368||$8,831|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.